Welcome to today’s edition of Toledo Patch daily – the fastest way to find out about the most important news and events.
I’m Brad King, a lifelong native of Northwest Ohio and a proud graduate of the University of Toledo (Go Rockets!). It’s an exciting time to be a Toledoan. With revitalization happening all over the city, you never know what great events are on the horizon! This is your source for local news, politics, art, and entertainment.
Today’s daily newspaper contains stories about the latest updates of the City of Toledo legal action against Block communication, new technology help keep Lake Erie clean, free educational packages and Meals In the Erie Street Market these Friday, a chase with the Toledo Police Dept. Gang unit, and a stabbing This resulted in at least one victim’s hospitalization.
The weather today:
The maximum is 87 degrees and the minimum is 71 degrees. Expect rain in the morning and cloudy skies in the afternoon.
Here are the top 5 stories in Toledo today:
- The Toledo GROWS Crosby Festival of the Arts is hosted at Toledo Botanical Garden from Friday June 25th to Sunday June 27th.
- Local non-profit group the Delroy Chance Angel Wing Foundation (named after the late Central Catholic football coach) will host a Jazz night Fundraiser on Sunday June 27th. The foundation collects money for the provision Sports equipment for the city’s youth. (13 ABC)
- Toledo is home to this year’s Solheim Cup golf tournament In the Inverness Club, (August 31 – September 6)
- Supernatural America: The Paranormal in American Art, Toledo Art Museum (until September 5th)
- Legendary rock group KISS will play that Huntington Center August 25
- Buff City soap opens its newest store on Traffic route in the West Toledo (ABC 24)
- Jazz in the garden starts on July 8th at Toledo Botanical Garden. Tickets are only available at the gate for USD 10 in cash. (BG Independent Media)
- Story happy hour: Sailor stories in National Museum of the Great Lakes, July 1
- “ONE“Group Art Exhibition is a bimonthly series of art exhibitions at The switchboard
- Rare and wondrous: Birds in Art and Culture 1620-1820, Toledo Art Museum until July 25th
- Toledo School of Arts will be free all summer Jazz in the park Series, until August 12th
- Toledo brings back Movies in the park Series, June 24th – September 16th
- City of Toledo Acceptance of applications for Parks and recreation Youth Advisory Board
- Community mental health organization port enables 300 jobs for teenagers through their this summer Youth development services (YES)
- Lunch in Levis returned on June 10th and will last until September 16th. It features live performances, food stalls, and other activities related to this year’s event Solheim Cup and Toledo Jeep Fest
- Toledo night market has returned with live music, food and shopping, and free parking near the Toledo farmers market, 6-11 p.m. per month
- The Toledo Symphony Orchestra and the Toledo Ballet have joined forces at the Toledo Alliance for the Performing Arts and have announced exciting season 2021/2022
- Toledo School of Arts offers music lessons with a focus on “Drums“every Wednesday at five city parks. The program is for children of all ages and does not require prior knowledge or reservations. (WTOL)
- UToledo to host Virtual filmmaker workshop to the Teenagers 19.-30. July
So now you’re up to date on what’s happening in Toledo. Tune in tomorrow for more updates on the news and entertainment you need to know!
About me: I grew up outside of Toledo when the Mud Hens were still in Maumee. Studied at UT and witnessed firsthand how downtown Toledo became THE place. Every day I find new reasons to love this city. I’m happy to share all of the good news, good food, and good music that Glass City has to offer.