Every week I interview fascinating people in our community, nation and around the world!
The idea came from a Facebook commenter who saw a video of me and my family floating down the river in Island Park. The person said to turn the tables and interview my father (Nate Eaton) – I did and the rest is history!
Derek Hough is a six-time champion and current juror for the hit “Dancing with the Stars”. He began dancing as a child in his hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah. When he was 12 he moved to London to train with the best dance coaches in the world and to study at the prestigious Italia Conti Performing Arts School, where he studied theater, music and dance.
Derek has won two Emmy Awards, was a juror on NBC’s World of Dance, and his memoir, Taking the Lead: Lessons from a Life in Motion, was a New York Times bestseller. He has toured the country and currently has a residence in Las Vegas performing at The Venetian Resort through November 21st.
Today Derek answers my questions! I asked him the following:
- Do you like to dance or do you judge better on ‘Dancing with the Stars’?
- When did you start dancing and when did you first perform?
- Your family has five children. Can you talk about a time when you grew up naughty?
- Are you sometimes nervous before you dance and what do you do to overcome them?
- We know that as a dancer you have to eat healthily. What’s your favorite junk food?
- You were in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. What was it like to be in it?
- Have you ever been to Idaho and tried our famous potatoes?
- What is the most important thing you need to know if you want to learn to dance?
- What is it like to perform in Las Vegas?
- What advice do you have for me
You can find out more about Derek by visiting his Facebook page, website, or on Instagram.
Check out my entire interview with Derek in the video player above!
If you have any ideas for someone I should interview, or just want to say hello, email me: [email protected]