From hospitals looking to partner with revenue cycle management companies to merging revenue cycle companies, here are nine partnerships and deals you should know about in the RCM space:
1. Intermountain Healthcare selects partners for price transparency strategy
Intermountain Healthcare is partnering with Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management company PMMC to develop a digital price transparency strategy that improves the patient experience, the Salt Lake City healthcare system announced on September 23.
2. 3 RCM companies merge to form Ventra Health, led by the former Cleveland Clinic, UnitedHealth exec
Three healthcare revenue cycle management companies, DuvaSawko, Abeo and Gottlieb, joined forces on August 19th to form Ventra Health.
3. Campbell County Health is outsourcing the sales cycle
Campbell County Health is outsourcing its revenue cycle operations, including registration, prior authorization, coding, scanning, and billing, according to a healthcare system representative based in Gillette, Wyo. Ensemble Health Partners has been selected as a partner of Campbell County Health.
4. Bank of America’s plan to fill the loopholes in the healthcare payment process
Bank of America is creating a more efficient network of payment services connecting healthcare systems, patients, insurers, provider networks, banks and the government, Insider reported on Aug. 9.
5. Cedar works with Providence-supported Tegria to improve patients’ financial experience
Patient Engagement Platform Cedar and Tegria, the health technology and counseling consultancy founded by Renton, Washington, in 2020, entered into a strategic partnership on August 5th to bring Cedar’s financial engagement platform to clients of Tegria and Tegrias Customers made of cedar wood provide know-how in revenue cycle management.
6. 3M uses Waystar’s AI-powered payment technology in healthcare
3M has partnered with Waystar, a healthcare payment technology company, to provide revenue tracking services to 3M Health Information Systems customers, the two companies announced on August 3.
7. Hennepin Healthcare selects partners for 2 RCM services
Minneapolis-based Hennepin Healthcare selected RSource Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management on July 19 to provide services for two of its RCM programs.
8. Waystar acquires patient payment technology provider Patientco
Waystar will acquire other healthcare payment technology provider, Patientco, the companies announced on July 15.
9. R1 RCM Completes $ 300 Million Acquisition of VisitPay
R1 RCM, a revenue cycle company for healthcare providers, has completed the acquisition of patient finance company VisitPay for $ 300 million.